Day one Thursday 22 April
9.00 a.m. Powhiri, conference opening, morning tea and registration.
10.40 a.m. Conference Kaupapa, Peter Bruce-Iri
12.00 p.m. Climate Action document and presentations from tamariki/taitamariki
12.30 noon Lunch (Whare Kai)
The session structure for the theme sessions will be:
- Facilitator introduction
- Five-minute presentations followed by an open discussion session
- A facilitated follow up to integrate ideas from the presentations and discussion session with feedback prepared for the day two plenary.
|Stream one: Ngahere 1.30 to 4.30 Whare Hui||Stream two: Moana me te wai ara 1.30 to 4.30 D340|
|Facilitator: Huhana Lyndon, CEO Ngati Hine Forestry.|
1. Chevon Horsford, whanau pest control project
2. John Craig, Tahi Honey and large-scale regeneration.
3. Wayne Douglas, Trees on Farms
4. Dr Mere Kepa, Takahiwai Hills Pest Strategy
5. John Ballinger, Northland Regional Council
|Facilitator: Darleen Tana Hoff-Nielsen, Mauri o te Moana|
1. Glenn Edney, Ocean ecologist and author by Zoom.
2. Willie Wright Integrated Kaipara Harbour Management Group
3. Marine permaculture (video)
4. Millan Ruka (MNZM), Our streams and rivers
5. Martin Knoche, Awatea, Ocean renewable energy.
6. Celia Witehira, Reconnecting Northland
4.00 p.m. Close
Day two Friday 23 April
9.00 a.m. Waiata
9.30 a.m. Keynote speaker, Rereata Makiha, Climate and mātauranga Māori
10.15 a.m. Morning tea
|Stream one: Kai me te oranga 10.45 to 12.30 Whare Hui||Stream two: Kainga me taone 10.45 to 12.30 D340|
|Facilitator: Carol Peters (QSM) WDC and Northland DHB.|
1. Peter Nicholas, Food Rescue Northland, Whakaora Kai
2. Katie Matheson, Kai Ora Fund and Public Health
3. Dr Geoff Kira, Massey University, Public health and climate change
4. Paul Voigt, Pā to Plate
5. Mike Shaw, Local Food
|Facilitator: Fiona Douglas, Regenerative practitioner and Sistema|
1. Joe Camuso, electric vehicles
2. Aroha Shelford, Papa kainga
3. Bernadette Aperahama, WDC Climate Strategy
4. Troy Brockbank, Water in cities
5. Urban heat Islands (video)
6. Wakaiti Dalton
12.30 p.m. Kai
|Stream one: Change, Manaaki me te oranga 1.30 to 3.15 Whare Hui||Stream two: Kai whenua, regenerative agriculture 1.30 to 3.15 D340|
|Facilitator: Peter Bruce-Iri (NorthTec)|
1. Andrea Graham, Hope for our young people
2. Madelief Stevens, Climate action at school.
3. Joanne Murray, Te Aho Tū Roa
4. Jacqueline Knight, Enviroschools
5. Te Reo Hau, Mediation and change
|Facilitator: Janette Perrett, Organic dairy farmer and Chair of the Organic Dairy and Pastoral Group|
1. Mike Taitoko (by Zoom) Calm the Farm
2. Max Purnell, Policy and change
3. Wayne Douglas, Farm waterways and trees
4. Brandon Edwards, Indigenous agriculture
5. Matt Long, soil carbon
6. Briar Philcox, Avoca
7. Bev Trowbridge, Story telling for change.
3.15 p.m. Quick Break
3.30 p.m. Plenary session, Carol Peters and Huhana Lyndon, Connections and next steps
4.15 p.m. Conference close
Thanks to our sponsors.