This page links to resources generated by us and other useful climate change sites. Please also check the Climate Change page and subpages for resources related to the Drawdown project. See also Peter Bruce-Iri’s research profile at Research Gate.
Methane Sources, Sinks and Uncertainties
The global warming gasses, water vapour, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide all cycle differently through the environment but are bundled into CO2 equivalents. Methane Sources, Sinks and Uncertainties explores aspects of methane’s cycling through the environment. The Team was Peter Bruce-Iri (NorthTec), Max Purnell, Walter Jehne (Regenerate Australia) Alfred Harris and Thorsten Arnold.
Whakaora ngā whenua whāma: Utilising mātauranga Māori and Western science to protect and restore the soil on rural farms in Te Tai Tokerau.
The Whakaora ngā whenua whāma report was prepared for UNESCO and explores the interface between mātauranga Māori and regenerative agriculture. The Project team was Peter Bruce-Iri and Catherine Murupaenga-Ikenn (NorthTec), Dr Mere Kepa, Dr Benjamin Pittman, Marcus Williams (Unitec) and Graham Shepherd (BioAgrinomics).
Soil Carbon Sequestration: A Contested Space in Science
This discussion paper explores how science and other stakeholder interests inhibit the development of soil carbon sequestration as a mitigation tool for New Zealand. Stakeholders groups who influence this are farmers, the agribusiness ecosystem, science and innovation, policy makers and the community (including customers). Ideally New Zealand will learn from regenerative farmers and learn to embrace their methods.
Regenerative farmer case studies
- Project Drawdown, https://www.drawdown.org/
- Local Governments for Sustainability, https://iclei.org/en/About_ICLEI_2.html
- LGNZ (Local Government New Zealand) climate change project, https://www.lgnz.co.nz/climate-change-project/about-the-project/
- Pure Advantage, https://pureadvantage.org/what-we-do/
- Climate Leaders Coalition, https://www.climateleaderscoalition.org.nz/about
- Carbon Neutral NZ Trust, https://www.carbonneutraltrust.org.nz/
- Northland Regional Council climate change site,
- NIWA (National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research) website
- Deep South Challenge
- Climate Action Tracker
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) reports & recommendations,
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) climate website
- Ministry for the Environment website
- Stockholm Resilience Centre
Watch this space
- Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
- Interim Climate Change Committee website
- School Strike 4 Climate
- Extinction Rebellion New Zealand
- New Zealand Climate Action Network
- 350 Aotearoa
- ActionStation Aotearoa
- Greenpeace Aotearoa climate website